If a patient has a tooth that is cracked, chipped, damaged, or fractured, a dental crown may be required. Furthermore, a crown may be needed for a recently inserted dental implant or a tooth that just had its pulp removed via a root canal procedure. Conventionally, it requires a lengthy and long procedure to create a patient's crown. Now, it is possible to create a dental crown using the innovative Chair-side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic (CEREC) method.
THE CONVENTIONAL PROCESS OF DENTAL CROWN VS. THE CEREC SYSTEM
The conventional method involves taking impressions and multiple visits. An off-site laboratory uses this impression to create the patient’s custom-designed dental crown. However, when CEREC technology is used, this is not usually the case.
The CEREC procedure is much quicker because the dental crown is made in-house during the patient’s dental appointment.
THE BENEFITS OF CEREC CROWNS
Besides fewer visits to the dentist, CEREC crowns offer patients a variety of benefits. Some of these include:
- The CEREC restoration is created using high-quality ceramic.
- There is no need for a temporary restoration.
- The procedure is minimally invasive.
- The precise measurements ensure the patient's restoration fits securely in place the first time.
- More of the patient's natural tooth is saved.
- The patient will need fewer injections and experience less discomfort.
- There are no messy impressions to create.
- The CEREC method is a biocompatible solution.
- Patients enjoy long-lasting restorations.
Call us at 402-489-3115 or schedule an online appointment with our Dentist in Lincoln, Dr. Korte, for a consultation at our office in Lincoln, NE.