Dentistry has changed a lot over the years. The dentists now utilize laser dentistry to treat lots of dental problems. Using laser has made procedures much more comfortable for the patient than the traditional methods. The time consumed for recovery has also significantly reduced. It provides a relaxing dentistry experience, making dentists perform precise and minimally invasive procedures.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON LASER DENTISTRY TREATMENTS?
There are several laser dentistry procedures conducted using modern technology such as laser devices and have got significant advantages. The procedures are as follows:
- Gum lift/gum recontouring: This treatment reduces excessive gum tissue and creates a symmetrical gum line.
- Crown lengthening: Also called "tooth lengthening," it helps in repositioning the gum line that reveals more tooth surface.
- Periodontal Treatment: With this treatment, the bacteria reduce harboring within the infected gum pockets.
WHAT IS THE USE OF LASER IN PROCEDURES?
Laser dentistry is an ideal option for reshaping and recontouring the gum tissue. You might feel embarrassed or insecure about your smile if you have an uneven gum line or excess gum tissue. Laser energy allows the dentist to precisely target the tissue without causing any excessive bleeding. The laser cauterizes as it cuts, without much bleeding, and sterilizes the area as it works.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LASER DENTISTRY?
Laser technology has enabled the dentist to perform less invasive dental procedures compared to scalpel-based procedures that were used in the past. The benefits of laser dentistry include:
- There is no use of scalpels
- Bleeding caused is minimal
- The time of recovery is shortened
- It sterilizes the surface of the tissue
- The tissue is treated very precisely without affecting the surrounding tissue
The dentist will discuss your dental goals with you to know your perspective and help you get the smile of your dreams.
Call us at 402-489-3115 or schedule an online appointment with ourDentist in Lincoln, Dr. Korte for a consultation at our office in Lincoln, NE.