When you need emergency dental care in Lincoln, NE, you can count on Korte Family Dentistry. Since 1992, Dr. Korte has been taking care of the emergency dental care needs of patients of all ages in his Lincoln dental practice.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU NEED EMERGENCY DENTAL CARE
When a dental emergency in Lincoln arises, please call our practice as soon as possible. The sooner you can get in contact with us, the sooner we can get you on the road to recovery.
Of course, like many things in life, your dental emergency may happen on the weekend or after hours. When that happens, please call our emergency telephone number for help. And if you have a true medical emergency, always call 911 first.
WHAT IS A DENTAL EMERGENCY?
You may wonder what is a dental emergency as compared to a severe dental situation. A dental emergency includes things like:
- Broken or cracked tooth/teeth
- Broken jaw
- Permanent tooth that has been knocked out
- Severe toothache
- Object caught between teeth
- Severe toothache
If you think you may have a dental emergency, but you’re unsure, just go ahead and call our office, and one of our friendly staff members will help to evaluate the situation over the phone and advise you on the best course of action. That may be to head into our office for an emergency dental appointment so you can receive immediate care and treatment.
WHAT CAUSES DENTAL EMERGENCIES?
You may be surprised at the causes of dental emergencies. Many people end up taking their teeth for granted. When something happens, it often comes as a big shock. Here are some of the most common causes of dental emergencies:
- long-term neglect of teeth and gums
- mouth trauma from sudden impact (sports, accidents)
- biting down on a non-food substance (rock inside a bowl of beans, etc.)
HOW TO PREVENT DENTAL EMERGENCIES
Like other areas of your health, prevention is your front line of defense. Although dental emergencies in Lincoln are, by definition unexpected, there are many things that adults and children can do to prevent dental emergencies from happening in the first place.
- Wear seat belts in the car – This can prevent mouth trauma in a car accident.
- Wear mouth guards when playing impact sports – This is appropriate for sports like handball, soccer, football, hockey, and Lacrosse.
- Carefully examine beans and before cooking – It’s common for a small pebble to be mistaken for a bean, for instance.
- Avoid eating popcorn kernel – This is another hard substance that can cause tooth breakage.
- Have regular dental checkups – Your dentist in Lincoln can identify loose teeth and other issues and treat them proactively.
Dental emergencies don’t happen every day, but they do occur. When you have a dental emergency, please don’t hesitate to call us. Whether it’s a severe toothache or a tooth that’s fallen out, Korte Family Dentistry is here to help.